Dynamic, results-producing Marketing Expert with an exceptional background of launching and growing multi-million dollar brands. Expertise includes conceptualizing, planning, and spearheading high profile domestic and international events, promotions, public relations, and marketing campaigns. Recently played a key role in securing new product placement within 20,000+ retail outlets. Innovative, creative, and resourceful. Superior leadership, communication, negotiation, training, presentation, and interpersonal skills; able to empower and motivate diverse teams of all sizes. Comfortable with internal and external stakeholders on all levels of an organization. Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Photoshop.
117 C Silver Lake Road
Blairstown, New Jersey 07825
THE DAWSON GROUP, Blairstown, New Jersey
2005 – Present
- Instrumental in optimizing brand awareness by planning and executing strategic target marketing, public relations, and promotional campaigns; includes producing events, media commercials, corporate videos, and activations, as well as securing sponsorships and celebrity endorsements.
- Recent projects include producing a Consumer Electronics Show (CES) event for ACER Computers, national launches for Dynapep, Rocky Patel Cigars, and Iron Horse Jeans, selling sponsorships for The Pop Explosion Teenfest Tour 2013, and various activations and other events.
- Played a key role in placing Dynapep products in 20,000+ convenience stores, GNC, Hess, Speedway, Duane Reade, CVS, and Rite Aids.
- Created marketing collateral, planning and executed events, secured sponsorships, and attended presentation sales calls with the owners; included compiling a DVD for use as a sales tool during product pitches.
- Delivered a 100% increase in foot traffic for Acer during the CES in Las Vegas; garnered substantially increased international and domestic media coverage after winning first place in the show; company representatives were interviewed multiple times for use online and in print.
- Ensured maximized exposure for up to $40,000 in client donations to charities; included planning and overseeing national client fundraising events for organizations such as Children’s Miracle Network.
- Conceptualized and executed the full lifecycle of numerous events, activations, and sponsorships.
- Provided consulting services to clients on producing national sponsored events for The Oscars, MTV, Hawaiian Tropic, Action Sports, WWE, Spring Break, and more.
- Executed racing events and activations for NHRA, NASCAR, and INDYCAR.
- Obtained UFC sponsorships and coordinated activations.
- Secured celebrity endorsements; included filming and on-site production with Keeping up with the Kardashians; arranged for broadcasts on ESPN.
- Negotiated displays and arranged for product to be placed in gift bags in the gifting suites for the Oscars, Kids Choice Awards, Golden Globe Awards.
NVE PHARMACEUTICALS/STACKER2, Andover, New Jersey
2003 – 2005
Director of Public Relations & Media
- Maximized awareness for Stacker 2 by planning and implementing marketing campaigns and sponsorships; included managing a $23 million marketing budget.
- Secured title sponsorships on 2 race teams that were part of the Busch Series (now Nationwide), and the Winston Cup Series (now Sprint Cup); created and produced all television and radio commercials, driver interviews and appearances, and track activations and sampling.
- Negotiated sponsorships for the Ozzy Osbourne OZZFEST tour, the Dirt Track Series, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), and the Grammy Awards.
- Promoted product on The Howard Stern Show and event campaigns on Westwood One radio network and Clear Channel Group radio stations.
TRIM SPA, Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
1998 – 2003
Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Significantly contributed to propelling Trim Spa from an unknown product to the #1 diet pill in the nation by defining and executing highly successful domestic and international event marketing, sales, and media strategies for the product.
- Included sponsorships, events, and campaigns involving NASCAR, the Super Bowl, Hawaiian Tropic pageants, and Anna Nicole Smith.
- Employed Internet, print, radio, direct response, and television marketing; created infomercial scripts, storyboards, and participated in production.
MANNES COLLEGE OF MUSIC, New York, New York
Jazz and Entertainment Marketing
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, Tucson, Arizona
Jazz and Contemporary Media
LANDMARK EDUCATION, New York, California, New Jersey
Staff Member and Program Leader